Tasmanian Palliative Care Policy Framework 2022-2027
The Tasmanian Palliative Care Policy Framework 2022-2027 was launched by the Premier at last weeks’ Palliative Care Tasmania Conference. The Framework was developed in partnership with people with lived experience, specialist and generalist health services, and Palliative Care Tasmania.
The Framework provides an introduction to the current context of palliative care nationally, and in Tasmania. It outlines six priority areas which will guide the work undertaken by the Department of Health Tasmania, in partnership with the Specialist Palliative Care Services and the broader Tasmanian Health Services, Primary Health Tasmania, primary care providers and the Aged Care sector, the peak body Palliative Care Tasmania, and other community sector organisations.
The six priority areas are
- Enhancing holistic person‑centred and family‑inclusive palliative and end of life care
- Increasing community awareness and understanding of palliative and end of life care
- Enhancing psychosocial support and bereavement care for patients, families and caregivers
- Building the capacity of the workforce to provide equitable access to quality palliative and end of life care
- Building and delivering coordinated and integrated palliative care services to contemporary standards
- Conducting ongoing review and evaluation of the delivery and outcomes from the implementation of the Framework
The Framework can be found on the Department of Health’s website at https://www.health.tas.gov.au/publications/tasmanian-palliative-care-policy-framework-2022-27. Alternatively, you can navigate to the top level of the website (https://www.health.tas.gov.au) and use the search bar to find the Policy Framework.