STRATEGIC PLAN 2022-2025
Palliative Care Tasmania is the peak body committed to achieving quality palliative care and end of life care for all Tasmanians. We work collaboratively with our members to ensure all Tasmanians have equitable access to timely care and support based on their individual needs and wishes.
All Tasmanians with a life limiting illness, together with those they value in their communities, are supported to live, die and grieve well.
We lead and influence policy and practice, advocate, educate and support people to access quality palliative care
- Wellness of the whole person and those they value
- Honesty in our interactions
- Integrity in all we do
- Compassion in the decisions we make
- Respect for people and their choices
A community that is informed, supportive and capable of engaging with palliative care and end of life care.
To expand community understanding and awareness of what palliative care and end of life care is.
To collaborate with community in providing information supporting active engagement in end of life planning and decision making.
To support information and education that will empower community to engage and embrace palliative care and end of life care.
A skilled palliative care and end of life care workforce that is accessible, inclusive and responsive to the needs of the Tasmanian community.
- To advocate for a palliative care and end of life care system that is leading palliative care and end of life care work in innovation, best practice and continuous improvement.
- To work collaboratively with those in the palliative care (industry/service) and support the systems to reflect the diverse needs of the Tasmanian community in palliative care and end of life care.
- To update, inform, educate and provide development opportunities to those working in or supporting palliative care and end of life care (industry/sector) through social, economic and environmental changes.
The leading voice for palliative care and end of life care in Tasmania.
- To be the source of expertise, an informed voice representative of the community, for community and government in palliative care and end of life care in Tasmania.
- To influence the systems that restrict equitable and accessible palliative care and end of life care to all Tasmanians.
- To advocate for inclusive support for all Tasmanians to access quality palliative care and end of life care which acknowledges and addresses the needs of those Tasmanians facing structural inequalities and barriers.
An organisation that is innovative, inclusive and sustainable.
- To build a diverse and strong membership.
- To nurture a culture of inspiring leadership, continuous learning and quality governance.
- To ensure the internal organisational systems allows flexibility to respond to the growing needs of the Tasmanian community.