The HD4PWD training and toolkit aims to help everyone work together for the best possible outcomes, focus on communication and align with national safety and quality standards.
The toolkit is a set of practical resources to build disability service providers’ and health service providers’ capacity and capability. It’s built around five elements – shared:
- decisions – setting goals together for the end of life
- accountability – working together to make sure the person understands their condition, so they can plan and make decisions about the end of their life
- communication – understanding the person’s communication style
- documentation – writing clear, accurate, relevant and complete information to support safe end-of-life care
- coordination – promptly coordinating care across service providers.